Taproot is a fresh and unconventional new special events venue on the second floor of 623 Dundas Street, above The Root Cellar organic restaurant. In the heart of London’s Old East Village, and featuring the artistically reclaimed aesthetic popularized by The Root Cellar, Taproot is the perfect backdrop for your next private party, workshop, music event, or meeting!
- 55-person capacity
- Taproot features exposed brick, beautifully reclaimed wood floors, funky made-in-London metalwork light fixtures, spacious reclaimed wood harvest tables (century-old wood salvaged from the renovation of Taproot!), stylish & comfortable wood chairs, local art on the walls, copper-clad bar, views of Dundas Street, clean and stocked amenities
- suitable for private brunches, lunches, dinners and parties, corporate events, casual and formal meetings, presentations, music events, art openings, workshops, film nights, and more
- catering packages available from The Root Cellar’s Chef Paul Harding, featuring local and organic ingredients
- licensed bar serving organic craft beer, Ontario wines, and artisanal cocktails
- flexible furniture arrangement to accommodate your event
- regular rental fees are $40/hour plus 1 hour set up/tear-down (premium rates apply for Sunday rentals) solidarity rates may be available for community, student and social justice groups, as well as private music, art, film events
For booking inquiries, please submit the application below.
Booking Inquiry Form